There are a lot of factors that can make pushing a pram more comfortable. For this reason, pram manufacturers are looking to the needs of parents for inspiration. Some parents, for example, are bringing up two different children with two different personalities, who therefore require various features on a pram. When creating pram accessories the weather and time of year are also considered, as well as the varying conditions of roads and paths. The ideal accessories make for a pleasant and comfortable day, for both parents and children.
Childwheels Protective Cover Six Seater
MacLaren Footmuff Universal Fleece
Koelstra Soft Seat Pram Liner
Crown Seat Cover Universal
Mountain Buggy Sheepskin Pram Liner
Reer Rain Cover Universal 3 in 1
Mutsy Rain Cover Igo
Crown Rain Cover TT14
Mutsy UV-Cover for Evo
Reer Parasol de Luxe UV 50
Osann Adapter Maxi Cosi Pep
Oyster Car Seat
Concord Adapter Maxi Cosi Cybex
Diono Sunshine Kids Buggy Bag Travel Bag
Koelstra Tavel Bag Simba
Babyhome Travel Bag Emotion
Baby Jogger Glider Board
Mutsy Buggy Board Igo Exo Evo
ABC Design Condor 2017 Test Winner
Cam Coccola Carrycot
Hauck 2 in 1 Carrycot
Mountain Buggy Storm Cover Duet Duo
Mutsy Shopping Bag Igo
Mountain Buggy Buggy Pouch
Mountain Buggy Joey Shopping Bag
Kaiser Alaska Hand Warmer
Cam Guanti Hand Warme
Navington Hand Warmer Muff Caravel Corvet Galeon
1. Now, later or nice to have – Which accessories are really important?
If you buy the first pram or pram accessories, you may well find yourself overwhelmed by the sheer mass of products on offer: not just prams for any need and in any price class, but also accessories from footmuff to parasol and cup holder. But what of all this is important and what belongs into the category "nice to have"? And when is the best time for purchasing the various accessories? This guide tries to answer the most important questions.
2. Which advantages do the various accessories have?
Here, it's important to distinguish further. Each pram accessory has its own purpose. Which accessory is most important for your needs depends on how you as a parent want to use the pram. Here is a basic overview of the advantages the different pram accessories can offer.
- Footmuffs, seat covers and hand-warming muffs
- Rain cover and parasol
- Active parents who go out with their children in any weather can use these accessories to protect their child safely and effectively from sun, wind and rain.
- Diaper bags and shopping baskets
- Diaper accessories, toys, shopping – all these things need to be transported by pram sooner or later. Diaper bags and shopping baskets are the ideal accessory for this purpose
- Adapters, baby car seats and buggy boards
- With these pram accessories, the pram becomes even more functional. Thanks to adapters, you can use baby car seats as pram seat and turn the pram into a versatile travel system. Carrycots transform the buggy to a newborn pram. And buggy boards attach to the pram, offering older siblings a place to stand.
- Transport bags
- This pram accessory is indispensable for any parents who like to take their pram along when traveling.
3. Checklist: What to watch out for when buying
When buying pram accessories, it's important to check compatibility. In other words, you need to make sure that an adapter, carrycot, buggy board or transport bag actually fits your own model of pram. There are some universally suitable pram accessories, but also those that only fit a specific manufacturer's own make. Also, every product you purchase should meet your individual requirements, and this applies to pram accessories, too. Diaper bags are available in different sizes and shapes, carrycots are available as lightweight standard version or with numerous extras. With other products, there is also a wide range available.
4. When to buy?
The best time to buy pram accessories depends on the accessory in question: buying a footmuff should be done in time before the cold season starts. A parasol, on the other hand, needs to be on your spring-time shopping list. And you need to buy a transport bag well in time before you go on holiday, so you can do a trial run in advance before you travel.